Profitable Sustainability - Indoor Environment Quality and Environmental Upgrade Agreements
This year’s conference theme is Indoor Environment Quality and will include review of the new Environmental Upgrade Agreement implementation and an assessment of the impact of Carbon Pricing.
Keynote Speaker: John Goins, University of California, Berkeley, Centre for the Built Environment
John is most interested in where architecture overlaps with environmental and social justice concerns. His work as lead researcher on the IEQ survey project is an extension of those interests. To date, he has collected data on over 500 buildings on five continents and frequently presents and publishes the results to an interested international audience. He has been a developer of affordable housing and life sciences labs, and has researched the intersection of economics and social development.
John is a LEED accredited professional, possesses a Master of Science in architecture from UC Berkeley, a graduate certificate in real estate development from USC and has over 10 years of industry experience. He is an active member of Urban Land Institute; is a Landmarks and Preservation Board member for the city of Oakland, California; and serves on the board of Our House, a transitional housing not for profit, also in Oakland.
- MC Roger Walker AAPI, Walker EcoStrategies
Other speakers include:
- Matthew Clarke, Director Water and Energy Programs, Office of Environment and Heritage, Department of Premier and Cabinet
- Andrew Aitken,Green Star Executive Director, Green Building Council of Australia
- Dr Richard de Dear, University of Sydney
- Simon Fox, Associate Director - Projects & Sustainability, Napier and Blakeley
- Mary Digiglio, Partner, Swaab Lawyers
- Matthew Fisher,Environmental Upgrade Agreement Coordinator, Parramatta City Council
- Joel Quintal, Director of Sustainability, Australia, Jones Lang LaSalle
- Mark Willers, Associate Director, LandMark White
- Associate Professor John MacFarlane FAPI, University of Western Sydney
- Brian Churchill, Property Portfolio Manager, Local Government Superannuation Scheme
- Craig Heitmann, Manager Facilities Management & Maintenance, Sydney Water
- Siobhan Toohill, Principal, Pure and Applied
- Lauren Haas, Australasia Sustainability Manager, Brookfield Multiplex Australasia
- Claire Orton, Head of Sustainability, Charter Hall
- Rob Sviderskas, Portfolio Manager Engineering & Sustainability, ISPT Pty Ltd