CETEC’s qualified and experienced scientists conduct a range of radiation assessments including:
- Measurement and assessment of electromagnetic radiation from mobile phone towers
- Assessment of RF radiation in offices
- Assessment and decontamination of nuclear medicine facilities
- Assessment and decontamination of university laboratories
- Radioactive waste assessments
CETEC's NSW EPA licensed radiation professionals are experienced in conducting radiation surveys, electromagnetic radiation assessments, plus radiation contamination risk assessment and management.
Please read more below or contact us to discuss your radiation risk requirements for your upcoming project or in your workplace or home.
Electromagnetic Radiation Assessments for Mobile Phone Towers
Architects or builders may require an assessment prior to construction. This is often the case for facilities with higher risk occupants, including for child care centres.
A typical assessment includes:
- Site inspection by licensed radiation professional
- Measurement in the range of 3kHz to 300 GHz for:
- Electric field strength
- Magenetic field strength
- Power flux density
- Risk assessment report and recommendations
Radiation Assessments and Decontamination
At hospitals, research facilities and universities CETEC conducts radiation assessments and decontamination involving:
- Assessing radioactive surface contamination at the site using direct (Handheld Geiger-Muller/Scintillation Detectors) and indirect (smear testing) evaluation methods
- Visually assessing any other radiation hazards; i.e. equipment containing sealed radiation sources, radioactive chemicals stored and radioactive equipment
- Management and occupational hygiene for the decontamination of radioactive contamination identified