For us, by us, written by Sean McGowan was published in Ecolibrium in December 2014. Sean interviewed four sustainability experts about the impact the current energy efficiency drive is having on building occupants. Those interviewed were Bruce Precious, GPT Group's Sustainability Manager, Edefice Director, Ania Hampton, Seed Engineering, Managing Director, Rob Lord and CETEC's Jack Noonan.
Some of the key questions asked in the article included:
- What is your response to the premise that buildings are for people, not energy efficiency?
- Has there been a human cost in our pursuit for energy efficiency?
- So there are times when energy efficiency is delivered at the expense of occupant comfort and amenity?
- What are commercial building owners and major tenants seeking? Do they have the same wish lists?
- Where good IEQ is achieved, what is the trade-off in terms of energy use?
- What types of buildings are getting the balance right?
To read more and download the full article.