From 1 July 2013 in NSW, an asbestos assessor licence was required for air monitoring, clearance inspections or the issuing of clearance certificates for class A asbestos removal works.
CETEC has an experienced and Licensed Asbestos Assessor on staff (Andrew Bellamy - LAA 000111). With the harmonised WHS legislation, this licence is also applicable in QLD/SA/TAS/NT. There is no requirement for a licence to conduct such work in VIC or WA. You can call Andrew Bellamy on (02) 9966 9211.
An asbestos assessor’s license is required for the following:
- to carry out air monitoring during asbestos removal work
- to carry out clearance inspections of asbestos removal work
- to issue clearance certificates in relation to asbestos removal work
- to identify the location, type and condition of asbestos or ACM, including by taking samples
- to assess the risk resulting from the identified asbestos or ACM
- to advise on how the asbestos or ACM should be managed, and
- to report about the work mentioned in paragraphs (i) to (v)